Dare to Dream. By Dr. Francis Okpaleke


Today, I have been greatly inspired by the success stories of three women on this space. Omotoyosi, an upward-mobile tech savvy accomplishing phenomenal feats in her chosen field with enviable results to show. Maureen, an intellectual egghead stepping into a big role in a global Agriscience brand. And the resilient Ekwutosinam, who have defied all odds by breaking new grounds on a regular. These women attest to one singular universal truth: there is room at the top when we take a step.

The difference between naira and dollar is a dream. To dream, is making up your mind to forge ahead regardless of circumscribing extenuating challenges. To dream is to press harder. To lay low and study harder. To plan and determine to do better. It is a fight of choice between sublimity and obscurity.

There is vacancy at the top. There is always a slot in destiny for those who dare. Your dream may require you to make some sacrifices and life changes. It may mean relocating. Changing your inner circle and network. It may be inconvenient or superimposing but it is the price to be paid. This is the substance of dreams, and those who dare, understand that the ‘hustle’ is sold separately.

My life, so far, has been a manifestation of my dreams of yesteryears. I had determined long ago that regardless of my financial situation, I would travel this world and bag my highest degrees in foreign educational institutions. It took a little while after finishing my Bachelors, but I am sure on track to accomplish all I dared to dream for. I have visited all the continents of the world except South America and I have schooled abroad.

The success of these three ladies have greatly fired me up to aspire even higher and push harder. From their career testimonies, I have come to the infinite realization that a dream is a mindset waiting to be hatched, like a cocoon in protracted state of incubation.

Today I say to you dare to dream for your dreams are valid. If you want to travel abroad, do it. Get that certificate. Register for that training. Start school all over again. If it is a PhD you desire, get started. Venture into that ‘small’ business. And yes, you can have a better job, live the good life, experience great relationships and live life on your terms. What is most important, is that you dream and take the needed step to accomplish it.

Remember this, there is always vacancy at the top for those who dare to dream.

1 comments: